Hartford police are investigating an early morning shooting in Hartford that claimed the life a 19-year-old man.
According to police, officers were called to the scene near 94 Huntington St. after their "Shot Spotter" firearms detection system went off around 1 a.m. on Friday.
The system detected a total of 10 shots in the area.
Officers said they found the victim suffering from several gunshot wounds, including one to the head. He was in a driveway located at 186 Collins St.
They said the man was transported to St. Francis Hospital where he later died.
Police said they did not have any information on a suspect.
However, they said significant evidence was left at the scene. They expected to be there for quite some time.
The department's major crimes division is investigating.
- 19-year-old killed in early morning Hartford shooting
- 19-year-old cancer survivor killed in shooting
- Jury convicts man for road rage shooting that killed 19-year-old taking girlfriend home from ultrasound
- Early-morning vigil marks one week since Waffle House shooting
- Firefighters, Coast Guard rescue 19-year-old from cove
- Meet Samson: Oregon Zoo welcomes 19-year-old Asian elephant
- Family and friends shocked by murder of 19-year-old mother
- 19-year-old dies after inhaling deodorant spray to get high
- PD: Arrest made in fatal shooting outside Hartford bodega