An Arlington mother says she fought back after her son's teenage friend allegedly tried to sexually assault her during a sleepover.
Jordan Corter, 18, is charged with attempted rape and sexual battery.
Shelby County deputies said Corter was staying at a friend's house for a sleepover.
The mom brought all of the family's alcohol into her room and locked the door.
But deputies say around 2:30 a.m. Corter knocked on her bedroom door.
When she opened it he allegedly forced himself inside, locked the door and touched her inappropriately. When she fought back, deputies say he forced her onto the bed.
She kneed him in the groin, grabbed a pistol and forced him to leave.
The victim went to the authorities the next day.
Arrest records show Corter told police he, "forced the victim to do the things she didn't want to do."
He then began crying and said he, "should not be forgiven."
At Corter's Bartlett home on Tuesday, Corter's step-grandfather defended him, and said, "He's a good kid. He just graduated high school."
But others know it's a tough lesson.
"You have to watch who you let in your house, I guess. You can't be too careful these days," a resident said.
- Teen arrested after alleged rape attempt on friend's mother
- Footballer Neymar denies rape allegations
- Three U.S. Marines booked, one wanted in alleged rape of Tulane student and friend
- Venezuela makes six arrests in alleged Maduro assassination attempt
- 3-year-old girl attacked in alleged rape
- Family, friends praying for teens in cave
- Teen sentenced for helping friend hang herself
- Mother and son charged with attempted murder after shooting leaves teen paralyzed
- Temple University student accused of attempted rape at fraternity house
- Family and friends shocked by murder of 19-year-old mother