The nomination announcement for the 61st Grammy Awards will be postponed due to memorial services planned for former President George H.W. Bush.
Arts and entertainment
Awards and prizes
Business and industry sectors
Business, economy and trade
Deaths and fatalities
Entertainment and arts awards
Music and dance
Political Figures - US
He was 94.
The nomination announcement, which had been scheduled for Wednesday, will instead take place Friday.
"Select categories will be announced live on 'CBS This Morning' and on Apple Music at 8:30 a.m. ET. Immediately following, at 8:45 a.m. ET, the Recording Academy will announce nominations across all 84 categories via press release, GRAMMY.com, and the Recording Academy's social media platforms," the Recording Academy, which hosts the Grammys, announced in a statement to CNN.
The 61st Annual Grammy Awards will air Sunday, February 10 live on CBS from the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
- Grammy nominations postponed for Bush funeral
- Grammy nominations are here
- Grammy nominations 2019 could be surprising
- Laughter, tears at Bush's funeral
- Bush's service dog will travel to funeral
- Uneasy presidents club convenes at Bush funeral
- George H.W. Bush's full funeral program
- President Trump arrives for Bush funeral
- Supreme Court postpones arguments for Bush national day of mourning
- Grammy Awards Fast Facts