WESTMORELAND, N.Y. According to Oneida County Sheriff Robert Maciol, on Saturday, October 19th, 2019, at about 2:32 A.M., Deputies responded to East Main Street in the Town of Westmoreland for a Car-Pedestrian Motor Vehicle Accident.
The investigation into the accident determined that Nicole P. Mulroney, 37 of Rome, was operating a black 2013 Honda Accord West on East Main Street, when she struck Jacob Landry, 24 of Westmoreland, as he was walking west on the northern shoulder of the roadway.
The Oneida County Sheriffs Office STOP DWI Unit responded to the scene and subsequently arrested Mulroney for DWI. Landry sustained multiple injuries and was transported to St. Elizabeth's Hospital by COCVAC Ambulance for further evaluation.
Mulroney was also charged with Assault in the third degree and issued additional traffic tickets.
Mulroney is scheduled to appear in the Town of Westmoreland Court at a later date. A passenger in Mulroney's vehicle, Mathew W. Crowe, 38 of Rome, was uninjured as a result of the accident.
A second pedestrian, Jeremy Paine, 24 of Westmoreland, who was walking with Landry, went to the hospital to be evaluated for a leg injury relating to the MVA. Deputies were assisted by COCVAC Ambulance and Westmoreland Fire Department.
- 1 charged with DWI and assault after striking two people with a car in Westmoreland
- Deputies: Westmoreland man charged with DWI after crashing truck, leaving scene
- Westmoreland man found passed out behind wheel, charged with felony DWI
- Whitesboro woman charged with DWI following head-on crash in Westmoreland
- Utica woman charged with DWI after crashing car on Thruway
- Cherry Valley woman charged with DWI with child in car
- Oswego County man rolls car over, charged with DWI
- Westmoreland man facing criminal trespass charge
- Westmoreland Pool Fundraiser
- NEWSTALK: Halloween in Westmoreland