COLUMBUS, N.Y -- One person has died in the town of Columbus after being struck by a drunk driver just after midnight on Saturday.
The Chenango County Sheriff's department said that 30-year-old Martin Logsdon Jr was riding his bike down State Route 80 when he was struck by a vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police determined the blood alcohol of the driver was .08% and a child was in the car.
The driver, 49-year old Allen Emrich, was processed in the Columbus Town Court and remanded to the Chenango County Correctional Facility on $25,000.00 cash bail.
The investigation is ongoing.
- One dead after DWI accident in Town of Columbus
- One charged with DWI in Sunday Thruway accident
- Oneida County STOP DWI coordinator fired following DWI-Drugs arrest
- 25-year-old dead in snowmobile accident
- Motorcycle accident in town of Ohio sends 1 to hospital
- Route 365 closed in town of Ohio due to accident
- Deadly snowmobile accident in the Town of Webb
- Steuben judge resigns after dismissing DWI charge
- NASCAR chairman arrested for DWI, oxycodone possession
- DWI crackdown: State police conducting traffic patrols