MARCY – One man was hospitalized following a one-car crash in Marcy that was caused by a deer in the road, according to the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office.
Around 11:45 p.m. Tuesday, Nick Ficchi of Holland Patent driving his 2008 GMC Sierra eastbound on Maynard Drive in Marcy when a deer ran into the road in front of his vehicle. Deputies say Ficchi swerved to miss the deer and then went off the road and struck a tree.
Ficchi was transported to St. Elizabeth Medical Center by Kunkel Ambulance to be treated for a possible broken leg.
New York State Police and the Maynard Fire Department assisted the Sheriff’s Office at the scene.
- 1 man hospitalized following crash in Marcy
- 2 injured in Marcy crash
- Four injured in Marcy two-car crash
- Marcy man honored by the FAA
- Marcy man awarded highest honor by FAA
- Crews battle Marcy house fire
- 1 person hurt in 2-car crash in Marcy
- UPDATE: Crews respond to 2 separate crashes in Marcy area
- One killed in two-car crash in Marcy
- Rollover crash causes traffic delays on Route 49 in Marcy