UTICA - Utica police confirm to NEWSChannel 2 the shooting that happened on Steuben Street Wednesday evening was in fact a fatal shooting.
The victim has been identified as 50-year-old Quintin J. Horner of Utica.
Police say around 7:40 p.m., officers responded to the 1600 block of Stueben Street for a report of shots fired. Upon arrival, they found Horner with gunshot wounds. He was first treated the the scene by the Utica Fire Department, then taken to St. Elizabeth Medical Center where he was rushed into surgery. Horner died from his injuries during surgery.
Utica police say the investigation is ongoing, and anybody with information is asked to call them at 315-223-35310. All calls can be kept confidential.
- UPDATE: 1 person killed in Utica shooting Wednesday night
- UPDATE: Utica police ID man killed in Bleecker Street shooting
- Trial begins for Utica man accused of killing homeless person
- 1 person sent to Utica hospital following Steuben St. shooting
- 2 people killed, 3rd person wounded in late-night Waterloo shooting
- Utica Welcomes UFC Fight Night
- UC students gathering Wednesday night
- Teen injured in late night shooting in Utica
- Tuesday night shooting in Utica leaves man wounded
- Utica man charged in late night shooting on Bleecker Street