NEW HARTFORD, N.Y. – Water is back in New Hartford and other areas after a major water main broke on Commercial Drive just off the intersection of Route 5 Wednesday morning.
The Mohawk Valley Water Authority says a 12-inch water main burst due to a buildup of pressure within the pipe.
The break caused discolored water in Consumer Square businesses and the surrounding area, reaching as far as Westmoreland.
The water authority has not issued a boil water advisory.
- UPDATE: Pressure buildup caused water main break in New Hartford
- Dryer lint buildup causes Rome house fire
- UPDATE: Whitesboro water main break repaired
- Frigid weather causing dozens of local water main breaks
- UPDATE: Water authority fixes main break on Henderson Street
- UPDATE: Water restored in Sauquoit following Mohawk Street main break
- UPDATE: Water main repaired in Ilion following overnight break
- Keeping up with water main breaks
- Water main break on Champlin Avenue
- Water Main break in New York Mills