OLD FORGE, N.Y.-A 12-year-old boy has been airlifted to a Syracuse Hospital after being struck by a pickup truck in Old Forge.
State Police say it happened around 4:00 pm Friday in front of the ACE Hardware Store on Route 28.
New York State Trooper Jack Keller says the driver of a pickup truck was turning into the parking lot of the store as the boy was riding his bike.
The accident happened right near the Old Forge Fire Department, so the response was immediate.
“Luckily the fire department is across the street, they are holding a conference and they were able to get here in seconds, they were able to extricate and unpin the 12-year-old.” Keller said.
The boy was airlifted to Upstate University Hospital where he is listed in critical condition.
Keller says drugs and alcohol were not factors in the accident.
- 12-year-old boy airlifted to Syracuse Hospital after being hit by truck in Old Forge
- Police: 12-year-old Syracuse boy dies after being shot
- Police: Man charged in shooting of 12-year-old Syracuse boy
- Remsen man airlifted to Syracuse Hospital after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning
- Syracuse police: Man stole truck, hit vehicles before being shot
- At least 1 person airlifted to hospital following Trenton crash
- Syracuse woman dies after being struck by truck on I-90
- Syracuse hospitals, swamped with flu patients, turn away ambulances
- Syracuse hospital pays pet adoption fees to improve human health
- Teen pleads guilty to fatal hit-and-run in Syracuse