ANNSVILLE, N.Y. -- A teenager in the Camden Central School District was hit by a car getting on her school bus Thursday morning in Annsville.
State police say 39-year-old Christy M. Vongkhamchanh, of Taberg, failed to stop for the school bus, that had it's flashing red lights, and stops signs out, and hit a 13-year-old student walking toward the bus.
The child had to be taken to a Utica hospital for evaluation after being hit on the lower passenger side of the windshield.
The incident happened at the intersection of Glenmore Road and Glen Ridge Road in Annsville.
Vongkhamchanh was issued traffic tickets for failure to stop for a school bus and speeding.
- 13-year-old Camden student hit when Taberg woman failed to stop for school bus, state police say
- 2 Taberg children accused of prank calling state police
- Former Camden high school student pleads guilty
- Camden police, schools, educate students for summer syringe season
- Man seriously injured in Camden school bus crash
- Camden woman sentenced for stabbing husband
- State police investigating roadside trash fires in Camden
- Camden High School to offer drone course
- Taberg man accused of raping woman, holding her against her will in Trenton
- Camden Central High School student charged after altercation with another student