UTICA, N.Y. -- The 14th annual Stevens-Swan Humane Society Telethon kicked off Tuesday morning – all in an effort to help animals right in the Central New York community.
Each year the humane society strives to better the lives of homeless animals with veterinary care, comfortable shelter, and the opportunity to find a permanent and loving home.
The telethon is the biggest fundraiser of the year for the organization, and they say it is essential to the shelter’s survival.
The phone lines are open until 8 p.m. and you can watch the telethon live on WKTV during NEWSChannel 2 at Noon, the NEWSChannel 2 Live at Five Newshour and NEWSChannel 2 at 6 p.m. You can also watch the telethon on CBS Utica from 4-5 p.m. and from 7-8 p.m.
The number to call to contribute is 315-624-0330 or you can donate online.
- Stevens-Swan Humane Society Telethon: Help local animals find furever homes
- Stevens-Swan Humane Society Telethon: Make the call to save them all!
- Stevens-Swan Humane Society in need of laundry detergent donations
- The Stevens-Swan Humane Society celebrates annual 'Fur Ball' fundraiser
- NEWSTALK: FURever Friend Humane Society of Rome
- FURever Friend: Joy from the Herkimer County Humane Society
- FURever Friend: Leo from the Herkimer County Humane Society
- Overheated freezer unit causes small fire at Stevens-Swan Humane Society
- Bikers for animals benefits local humane society
- Humane society telethon is one for the record books