A $15 million paving project is underway up north on Route 28 in Hamilton County.
New pavement is being laid on Route 28 from Inlet to Blue Mountain Lake.
This section of the route is part of the Central Adirondack Trail Scenic Byway and is a critical transportation corridor for tourism and business traffic.
Also included in the project is new signage, guiderails, drainage, and improved snowmobile crossings at some locations.
There will be alternating lane closures controlled by flaggers Monday through Friday.
The project is expected to be completed next summer.
- $15M paving project underway on Route 28 in Hamilton County
- Farm water projects program turns 25, offers $15M in funding
- Herkimer DPW to begin paving project today
- Weather postpones paving project for Interstate 790
- Woman injured after crash along Route 28 in Herkimer County
- Derek Jeter selling 1903 New York castle for nearly $15M
- Route 28 crash delayed morning commute in Herkimer
- Woman, cat escape Webb car fire uninjured on Route 28
- Paving in the Heat 101
- Marino pokes holes in Utica's paving plan