CAMDEN, N.Y. -- A Camden High School teen has been arrested after a fight with another student.
On Monday at 11:30 p.m., Oneida County Sheriff's deputies responded after they say a 16-year-old student told the school;s special patrol officer that she was involved in a physical fight during lunch with a 17-year-old girl.
Officials say their investigation showed that the students were off school grounds at the McDonald's on Oswego Street during lunch, when the 17-year-old girl choked the other teen.
No other students were involved in the fight, but deputies say the 17-year-old was the agressor.
Security video was reviewed and is consistent with their investigation, they say.
The 17-year-old student was charged with endangering the welfare of a child, criminal obstruction of breathing, and harassment.
Authorities believe the fight stemmed from accusations from someone both students are familiar.
The Camden Central School District is also conducting an administrative investigation of the incident.
- 17-year-old Camden student arrested following fight with another teen
- Former Camden high school student pleads guilty
- Lawn Mower Driver arrested for DWI in Camden
- Law enforcement investigating a drowning in Camden
- Camden man critically injured in snowmobile crash
- Camden Central High School student charged after altercation with another student
- Noisy homecoming: 17-year Cicadas emerge in CNY
- Police: Teen struck by pellets from duck hunters in Camden area
- Utica teen accused in 17-year-old's shooting death offered plea deal
- Man arrested for threatening to shoot up school within Camden CSD