ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - An Adirondack farm, a Niagara Falls church and a Schenectady apartment hotel are among 18 properties and districts nominated for the New York state and national registers of historic places.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced the nominations Friday. He says placing the landmarks on the historic registers helps ensure they have the funds needed to preserve and promote them.
There are more than 120,000 historic buildings, structures and sites across New York state on the National Register of Historic Places.
The current nominees include the Asgaard Farm in Au Sable Forks, the Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church complex in Niagara Falls and the five-story Alexandra Apartment Hotel in Schenectady.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 18 New York sites nominated to historic registers
- $90M in upgrades planned for state parks, historic sites
- New York budget includes money for '80 Winter Olympic sites
- Camping newbies can get free sites at New York campgrounds
- Grammy nominations are here
- 2 local properties being considered for state, national registers of historic places
- Golden Globe Award nominations announced
- Sheriff's Office offers options to register motorcycles
- This Site's Terms of Service
- Ilion buys the Duofold site