VERNON- Two horses are on the loose in the Town of Vernon after getting away from their owner. The incident came about after the horses were being transported into their stable, where they then broke free.
“We came up to help the State Police,” said neighbor Mike Roberts. “We couldn’t get our hands on them and that was all day.”
The owner of the stable was not willing to go on camera but told WKTV they need local help. Roberts has been doing just that for the past few days working around the clock to try and secure the horses.
“We’ve tried grain, we’ve tried hay, we’ve tried carrots,” said Roberts. “The closest I was able to get to him was about 200 feet.”
Newschannel 2’s Cody Mooney joined Roberts on a chase to catch these horse, one that ended with the horses running away.
- 2 Horses on the Loose
- Horses helping veterans
- Buffalo on the loose in Otsego County
- Park trail reopened as loose rocks removed from cliffs
- Loose cow slows up traffic on Route 12
- Indians staying loose, getting focused ahead of state semifinals
- Rogue horse and pony captured in Sherrill
- Ride a Horse Support a Veteran
- Stagnant horse racing betting court ruling helps the sport
- New York horse owners advised to vaccinate against West Nile