Two teens from New Hartford will be away from home this Thanksgiving, but it'll be for an opportunity they couldn’t pass up.
Maggie Stephens, 15, and Bella Stephens, 14, will be performing in the 91st annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City as part of the Camp Broadway ensemble. They’re two of the 128 students representing immediate family members of active duty military personnel and veterans.
The group, which will be made up of children ages 9-16, will perform Irving Berlin’s “This is a Great Country” in front of 50 million TV viewers.
Maggie and Bella Stephens are both theater performers. Bella played the character Miss Hannigan this past weekend in her school’s production of “Annie Jr.” Maggie previously played the character LeFou in "Beauty and the Beast" at Five Angels Theatre in NYC
- 2 New Hartford teens to perform in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- New Hartford police seek 2 larceny suspects from Macy's
- Police: Syracuse woman stole 49 shirts from New Hartford Macy's
- Macy's Parade balloon inflation hours changing this year
- UPDATE: Missing New Hartford teen is found
- UPDATE: Missing New Hartford teens found
- Thanksgiving Day Fast Facts
- WATCH: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Ilion Days Doo Dah Parade
- New Hartford students deliver pies for Thanksgiving Feast