DAVENPORT – New York State Police are investigating a fire in the town of Davenport, Delaware County that killed two children early Friday morning.
Police say the fire at 435 Dehning Rd. in Davenport was first reported around 1:45 Friday.
Police say two children died in the fire, and one adult victim was taken to Upstate Medical University in Syracuse to be treated for burn injuries.
The Davenport, Pindars Corners, Hobart and Kortright fire departments responded to put out the fire, and the Delaware County Sheriff’s Office assisted state police.
State fire investigators are currently assisting with the investigation, and police say a cause has not yet been determined. The investigation is ongoing.
- 2 children killed in Delaware County fire
- Man killed after firing shots at state police in Delaware County
- UPDATE: Bronx man missing out of Delaware County found dead
- Delaware County teen accused of making terroristic threat against school
- 15-year-old boy reported missing in Delaware County found
- Teen sentenced in plot to bomb Delaware County Muslim community
- Dogs taken from Delaware County barn; dog fighting suspected
- Delaware is being recognized as the first no-kill state for animal shelters
- Delaware-Otsego Audobon Society discovers flowers on annual walk
- Delaware County Sheriff's Office makes arrest in suspected dog fighting case