MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. (AP) - The Latest on a shooting at Central Michigan University (all times local):
Police say two people who aren't students have been fatally shot at a residence hall at Central Michigan University.
The school says police believe the Friday morning shooting "started from a domestic situation." Investigators are searching for a 19-year-old suspect who is considered to be armed and dangerous.
The school is urging students to take shelter. It also says no other injuries have been reported.
The school posted an alert around 9:30 a.m. on its Facebook page about shots being fired at Campbell Hall. An automated phone message from the school also was sent to students. The shooting occurred on the last day of classes before spring break.
School officials say police are responding to a report of shots fired at a residence hall at Central Michigan University.
The university said Friday morning that the report concerns Campbell Hall on its campus in Mount Pleasant. The university says the suspect is still at large, and police are urging students to take shelter.
The city says the male suspect is considered armed and dangerous.
The school released the information on its Facebook page around 9:30 a.m. An automated phone message from the school also was sent to students Friday morning.
Central Michigan University has about 23,000 students in Mount Pleasant, which is about 70 miles (112.6 kilometers) north of Lansing.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 2 fatally shot at Central Michigan University
- Syracuse University prepares for Orange Central Weekend
- Police release name of 2nd person fatally shot in Waterloo
- 2 employees fatally shot during robbery at Syracuse-area restaurant
- State police: Man armed with knife fatally shot by trooper
- Police say woman fatally shot as husband was cleaning gun
- Dungey leads Syracuse over Western Michigan
- Newstalk: Universal Yoga and Massage
- 47 officers in the US have been fatally shot in the line of duty this year
- Two fatally shot by Deerfield homeowner will soon be laid to rest