RICHFIELD SPRINGS – Two men are facing charges after they allegedly broke into a store in Richfield Springs and stole liquor bottles, according to New York State Police.
Police say on Sept. 6, they received a complaint from a concerned resident who told them the glass door of Park View Liquor on Main Street in Richfield Springs was broken. Police say four bottles totaling $150 were stolen, and the damage to the door was approximately $495.
After a several-week-long investigation, 19-year-old Tyler Hotaling of Richfield Springs and 19-year-old Richard Herron III of Jordanville were both arrested.
Hotaling is charged with third-degree burglary and third-degree criminal mischief, both felonies. Herron is charged with felony third-degree burglary.
Hotaling and Herron were both arraigned in the Village of Richfield Court and released on their own recognizance, and they’re due back in court next month.
- 2 men accused of burglarizing Richfield Springs liquor store
- Veterans honored at Richfield Springs Central School
- Parking advisory in Richfield Springs through Tuesday
- Richfield Springs man facing felony charge for allegedly punching TV
- A Richfield Springs B&B Chimney fire spreads to attic
- Richfield Springs: Council members and public discuss land ordinance
- Richfield Springs man arrested on child porn charges
- Richfield Springs students learn responsibility at a young age
- UPDATE: Red Cross helping 2 people after Richfield Springs fire
- Multiple accident scenes in Richfield Springs remain under investigation