BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - Police say two men have been wounded in a gang-related shooting outside a New York state home where a woman and her young grandson were fatally shot earlier this month.
The men are in their 20s and were hospitalized Thursday in Buffalo with non-life-threatening injuries.
At least six other people were shot in the city this week. One of them was killed.
Police Deputy Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia says investigators believe the wounded men were the targets of the July 2 shooting that killed Yvette Johnson and her grandson Kyrie.
Johnson and her family had just returned home from celebrating her 54th birthday with a picnic at a nearby park when she and her 17-month-old grandson were killed.
No arrests have been made.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 2 men shot outside home where woman, grandson were killed
- Police: Utica woman critically injured after grandson attacked her, set house on fire
- Reputed Gambino crime boss Francesco 'Frank' Cali shot and killed outside home in New York
- Woman killed in New Hartford house fire
- Chenango County woman killed in house fire
- Police say woman fatally shot as husband was cleaning gun
- 2 Utica men charged following shooting, shots fired incidents overnight Sunday
- Father convicted of killing adopted son, burning down home
- Chenango County mother admits killing adopted son, burning down home
- Missing Otsego woman found deceased behind her home