Two local people are facing charges for unrelated incidents involving drugs and an altercation at the Otsego County Jail, according to the Otsego County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies say 39-year-old Nancy Callahan of Richfield Springs was allegedly found with crack cocaine at the correctional facility on May 2. She’s charged with felony first-degree promoting prison contraband and misdemeanor seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance.
Callahan was arraigned in the Town of Otsego Court and sent to the Otsego County Jail on $10,000 cash bail or $20,000 bond. She’s scheduled to reappear in court on May 9.
On Monday, May 7, 32-year-old Mark Russitano of Utica was allegedly involved in a physical fight with another inmate at the jail. He’s charged with second-degree attempted assault while confined at a correctional facility.
Back in March, Russitano was arrested after he allegedly stole from the Oneonta Walmart, and prior to that he was arrested in January for allegedly stealing a car.
Russitano was arraigned in the Town of Middlefield court and he’s scheduled to reappear in court on May 16.
- 2 people arrested following drug incident, altercation at Otsego County Jail
- Otsego County 2018 goals
- Conditions in Otsego County
- Otsego County Sheriff's race
- Inmate at Otsego County Jail accused of attacking another inmate
- Is it time for a new Otsego County Jail?
- Otsego County Jail will now hold centralized arraignments in lobby
- Otsego County Jail shut down due to water leakage
- Otsego County seeking governmental improvements
- Mug Club: Otsego County Fair