Two people are facing charges following a drug bust in the city of Utica Friday morning, according to the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies say the Sheriff’s Office’s Narcotics Unit executed search warrants at 911 Shaw St. and 903 Shaw St. in Utica as part of an investigation into the sales and distribution of marijuana and cocaine within the city.
Deputies say that cocaine, crack cocaine, marijuana, drug paraphernalia and U.S. currency were found inside the residences.
Akeem Bigelow, 28, is charged with third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and Mahon East III, 32, is charged with fourth-degree unlawful possession of marijuana.
Bigelow was arraigned in Utica City Court and he’s being held on $25,000 bail. East was released and he’s due in Utica City Court at a later date.
Deputies say that additional charges are pending Oneida County Grand Jury action.
The Utica Police Department, Rome Police Department, Madison County Sheriff’s Office and Drug Enforcement Administration assisted with the investigation.
- 2 people charged following Utica drug bust
- Nine pounds of marijuana found in Utica drug bust
- Drug bust in South Utica leads to three arrests
- Meth bust: Three charged in Oneida drug raid
- 2 facing felony drug charges in Utica
- 2 Utica residents facing drug, weapon charges
- Drug bust leads to cross-border tunnel
- Five people face weapons, drug charges after traffic stop in Utica
- 4 charged following meth bust in Oneida
- Utica man facing list of drug and weapon charges