SANGERFIELD – Two people were hospitalized following a one-car crash in the town of Sangerfield on Saturday night, according to the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies say around 8:40 p.m. Saturday, March 3, 35-year-old Charles Bumpus of Ilion was driving a 2011 Mitsubishi eastbound on State Route 20 in Sangerfield when he suffered a non-life-threatening medical emergency, causing him to lose consciousness.
Deputies say Bumpus’ vehicle then left the south shoulder of the road and struck a snow embankment, causing the vehicle to overturn before coming to a rest in the eastbound lane.
Bumpus and his passenger, 36-year-old Jessica Smith of Ilion, were both transported to St. Luke’s hospital to be evaluated for their non-life-threatening injuries.
New York State Police, the Waterville Fire Department, Central Oneida County Ambulance and Bridgewater Ambulance all assisted at the scene.
- 2 people hospitalized following 1-car crash in Sangerfield
- 2 people hospitalized following 1-car crash in New Hartford
- Oneida man killed in 1-car crash
- UPDATE: Woman in critical condition following crash in Sangerfield
- UPDATE: Police release names of 3 people killed in 1-car crash on Thruway in Verona
- Sauquoit man killed in 1-car crash in Litchfield
- Sauquoit woman injured in 1-car crash in Marshall
- Clinton man injured in 1-car crash in Verona
- Rome woman injured in 1-car crash in Lee
- Utica man killed in 1-car crash in Trenton