FRANKFORT – The Utica Academy of Science Charter School in Frankfort enacted a hold in place procedure Tuesday after a student brought a BB gun to school, according to police.
The school called Frankfort police shortly after students arrived on Tuesday morning.
Frankfort police say a 16-year-old and a 17-year-old student have been charged with unlawful possession of a weapon on school grounds. Police say they were both in possession of the one BB gun.
The Utica Academy of Science is a charter school for students in grades K-12, and it’s located in the old West Frankfort Elementary School building at 160 School Lane.
- 2 teens charged for allegedly bringing BB gun to Utica Academy of Science
- Utica College Regional Science Fair
- Missing teen from Auburn allegedly seen in Utica
- Missing Auburn teen, allegedly seen in Utica, found safe
- Utica Academy of Science students walk out in memory of Columbine victims
- Utica Academy of Science honors Class of 2019 with Senior Walk tradition
- 17 firefighters graduate from Utica Fire Academy
- 4 locals graduate from Utica Fire Academy
- Science Saturday at the Utica Childrens Museum
- Utica family searching for answers after teen gunned down