WEST WINFIELD -- A lot of people got the chance to cool down Sunday after running a 5k!
They cooled down with a handmade ice cream sundae at the 24th annual Millers Mill Sundae Run and Ice Cream Social.
The event is a 5k road race along with an ice cream social, and some consider it the Boilermaker cool down! The race is held a week after the Boilermaker every year.
When runners completed the race, they were rewarded with free homemade ice cream.
There were people of all ages running in the race. One young runner who suffers from type-1 diabetes says he kept pushing despite the challenges.
"It was really hot but push through it and you'll eventually get it done," said runner Evan Kocienda. "I wanted to try it I wanted to try to be normal. Because my blood sugar's always low, and then today I was like Yay!"
There were 210 runners who participated in this year's run.
The event serves as a fundraiser to help support other activities that organizers hold throughout the year.
There were also games, face painting, and live music at the event.
- 24th annual Millers Mill Sundae Run
- Weather cooperates for annual Millers Mills Ice Harvest
- Mug Club: NY Mills School Color Run
- NewsTalk: 7th annual Cider Run at the Fly Creek Cider Mill
- Mug Club: 41st Annual New York Mills PTSO Craft Fair
- NY Mills remembers 9-11
- Clinton holds 40th annual KAC Run & Walk
- Sitrin holds annual Stars & Stripes Run-Walk
- Mug Club: 3rd Annual Colie's Run
- Mug Club: Annual Run for Hunger