ROME, N.Y. -- A 27-year-old man from North Bay was killed after a crash on Route 46 Tuesday.
State police say that around 3:30 p.m., Tyler Bangs, 27, crashed head-on into another car and has since died from his injuries.
Bangs was allegedly heading south when he veered his white Chevrolet into the northbound lane and hit a gray Ford Fusion.
The other vehicle, heading north just outside of Rome, near Townline Road, was driven by Roxanne Platt, 63 of Utica.
Platt is currently in critical condition with internal injuries.
State police shut down a portion of Route 46 near Delta Lake for several hours Tuesday.
It is not yet known why Bangs’ car veered into the other lane.
The investigation is ongoing.
- 27-year-old North Bay man killed in Route 46 crash, Utica woman critical
- 27-year-old Sherburne man killed in Chenango County crash
- Westmoreland woman crashes car into home on Route 46 in Western
- Flu hits 46 states
- Several agencies respond to head-on crash on Route 46 in Rome
- Woman killed following 4th Lake snowmobile crash south of Eagle Bay
- Camden man critically injured in snowmobile crash
- Man critically injured after Inlet snowmobile crash
- 27-year-old Ilion man facing charges after 3 1/2-hour standoff with police
- Utica man dead after rollover on route 365 in Rome