NEW HARTFORD – Three people were hospitalized following a two-car crash in New Hartford yesterday morning, according to the New Hartford Police Department.
Around 10:50 a.m., police responded to a two-car crash on Commercial Drive at the intersection with the Men’s Warehouse Plaza. Police say 18-year-old Cassandra Owens of Cassville was driving a 2007 Chevrolet Malibu when she tried taking a left turn into the shopping plaza.
Police say Owens did not yield the right of way for a 2008 Dodge Nitro driven by 48-year-old Evelyn Entwistle of Frankfort that was headed eastbound on Commercial Drive. Owens made the left-hand turn in front of Entwistle’s vehicle, causing the front end of Entwistle’s vehicle to crash into the drivers side front end of Owens’ vehicle.
Owens and her passenger were transported to St. Elizabeth Medical Center along with a passenger from Entwistle’s vehicle.
Owens was issued a citation for failing to yield the right of way on a left turn.
- 3 injured in 2-car crash on Commercial Drive
- 1 injured in 2-car crash in Westmoreland
- 2 injured in 2-car crash in Vienna
- Camden woman injured in 2-car crash in Vienna
- 2-car crash temporarily halts traffic on Arterial
- 2-car crash in Westmoreland shuts down roadway
- 1 person hurt in 2-car crash in Marcy
- 2-car crash outside Planet Fitness in north Utica
- Hannaford on Commercial Drive back to normal after network outage
- Onondaga County man facing charges after 2-car crash that killed 3