FORT PLAIN – Three men have been arrested in connection to a homicide in Fort Plain over the weekend, according to the Fort Plain Police Department.
At approximately 10:16 a.m. Saturday, police were called to the home of 29-year-old Joshua Laveck at 60 Division St. in Fort Plain, where they found Laveck dead on his front porch.
On Sunday, Fort Plain police said that 31-year-old Eric Rivera of Gloversville and 33-year-old Aaron Cockfield of Johnstown had both been taken into police custody, and they were seeking a third suspect, 38-year-old Garry Sweet III of Fort Plain.
Police said on Sunday night that as of 10:45 p.m., Sweet had been taken into custody as well.
NBC affiliate WNYT in Albany is reporting that according to Fort Plain police, Rivera, Cockfield and Sweet have all been arraigned on conspiracy charges, and they’re currently being held without bail in the Montgomery County Jail.
The investigation into Laveck’s death is ongoing, and we’ll provide more information as it becomes available.
- 3 men charged in connection to Fort Plain homicide
- Law enforcement investigating homicide in Fort Plain
- Fort Plain man charged following crash into Milford home
- Fort Plain Schools closed Thursday due to water main break
- Woman charged in connection with 'justifiable homicide' case in Utica
- 3 more people charged in connection to double homicide at Chili's
- The vaping black market is hiding in plain sight
- 2 Suspects Charged With Quadruple Homicide
- UPDATE: Boonville homicide suspect charged with murder