NEW HARTFORD – Three people were injured in a two-vehicle crash in New Hartford over the weekend, according to the New Hartford Police Department.
Police say in the late morning on Saturday, they responded to the intersection of Roberts Road and Mohawk Street in New Hartford for a report of an accident with injury. When they arrived, they found an SUV with heavy front-end damage in the middle of the intersection and a pickup truck with extensive damage located off the shoulder of the road.
Police say 52-year-old Charles Aiken of Cassville was driving his 2003 Doge pickup truck northbound on Mohawk Street when the front of the truck was struck by a 2012 Mercedes SUV driven by 24-year-old Sidnee Glenn of Washington state, which was driving eastbound on Roberts Road.
After further investigation and interviewing the people involved, police say they learned that Glenn had failed to stop at a stop sign at the intersection of Roberts Road and Mohawk Streets, which caused the crash.
Aiken and Glenn were both transported to St. Elizabeth Medical Center by Edwards Ambulance to be treated for minor injuries. Glenn’s passenger, 24-year-old Christina Perry of Endwell, was transported to St. Luke’s Hospital by Edwards Ambulance to be treated for minor injuries as well.
Glenn was issued a traffic summons for passing a stop sign, and she’s scheduled to appear in court at a later date.
The Willowvale Fire Department assisted police at the scene, and both vehicles needed to be towed due to the heavy damage.
- 3 people injured in 2-vehicle crash in New Hartford
- Woman injured in 2-vehicle crash in Lee
- New Hartford man injured in Verona crash
- UPDATE: Dog killed in 2-vehicle crash on Seneca Turnpike
- Trenton man charged with aggravated DWI following 2-vehicle crash
- UPDATE: Traffic flowing again after 2-vehicle Arterial crash
- UPDATE: 3 people injured in head-on crash in New Hartford
- New Hartford woman injured in Higby Road crash
- Utica woman injured in New Hartford two-car crash
- 2 people hospitalized following 1-car crash in New Hartford