BARNEVELD – The 30K runners for the America’s Greatest Heart Run and Walk took off from Barneveld at 7:30 a.m.
The 18.6-mile course will take them down through Holland Patent, Stittville, Marcy, Whitesboro and Utica, where they’ll finish at Utica College.
The 30K race began at Van’s Tavern in Barneveld back in 1975 with just five runners and $200 in pledges.
Runners say that having the chance to raise awareness and give back for a cause that has affected so many people is their motivation for braving the winter weather for nearly 19 miles.
The 10-mile run will kick off at 8:40 a.m., followed by the 3- and 5-mile runs at 9:20 a.m. and the 3- and 5-mile walks at 10:30 a.m.
For a list of road closures and traffic delays during the Heart Run and Walk, click here.
If you'll be participating in or spectating at the Heart Run and Walk today, don't forget to share your photos on social media using the hashtag #WKTVHeart and we'll add them to our online gallery!
- 30K Heart Run kicks off in Barneveld
- Heart Run: 30K runners start early in Barneveld
- 3-mile and 5-mile runs kick off at 2019 Heart Run
- Barneveld residents may experience water issues during hydrant flushing
- Man rescues woman from burning car in Barneveld
- Participants refuel following Heart Run and Walk
- Heart Run and Walk Weekend Weather
- Barneveld contractor arrested on grand larceny and scheme to defraud charges
- Love story ignites at Barneveld Fire Dept. after surprise marriage proposal