The Utica Curling Club is currently hosting the 34th annual Raymond Kayser Bonspiel. The tournament runs from Feb. 1-4 at the club’s facility, located at 8300 Clark Mills Rd. in Whitesboro.
The tournament brings 42 mixed teams from across the northeast. The tournament is held in honor of Raymond Kayser, an avid curler who taught the sport to many locals.
Utica has four teams competing for the title this year.
“Everyone curling has five or fewer years of experience,” said Joel Scherer, historian for the Utica Curling Club. “And it’s a nice way to get the younger curlers involved because they’re all more or less the same skill level. It sets up for a good competition.”
The Bonspiel concludes on Sunday.
This year also marks a major milestone as the Utica Curling Club is celebrating its 150th anniversary.
- 34th annual Raymond Kayser Bonspiel kicks off at Utica Curling Club
- Utica Curling Club's College Bonspiel
- Utica Curling Club hosts Mitchell Bonspiel
- Utica Curling Club hosts historic Gordon International Bonspiel
- Learn how to curl with the Utica Curling Club
- Utica Curling Club to host open house Saturday
- Utica Curling Club hosts GNCC inaugural Mixed Doubles Championship
- Curling Club holds Olympic Open House
- Mug Club: Annual Craft Fair
- Olympic Gold means big turnout for Utica Curling Club Olympic Open House