LAURENS, N.Y. – A 37-year-old woman from Laurens has been charged with second-degree rape for allegedly having sex with a boy under the age of 15.
Shelly Ann Young was arrested by the Otsego County Sheriff's Office on Tuesday.
In addition to felony rape, she is also charged with disseminating indecent material to a minor, for allegedly texting the same boy asking him to perform sexual acts on her.
Young was arraigned and remanded to the Otsego County Jail on $10,000 cash bail or $20,000 bond.
She is scheduled to appear in court on Thursday, Feb. 13.
- 37-year-old Otsego County woman charged with rape
- Otsego County man facing rape, criminal sexual act charges
- Lewis County woman charged with rape
- Otsego County 2018 goals
- Conditions in Otsego County
- Otsego County Sheriff's race
- Otsego County seeking governmental improvements
- Mug Club: Otsego County Fair
- Otsego County dog seizure update
- Otsego sheriff's department searching for missing woman