CLINTON – Four people were hospitalized following a head-on collision in the village of Clinton Friday afternoon.
The crash on State Route 12 was first reported at 2:31 p.m. Friday, according to the Oneida County 911 Center.
Kirkland police say a Chevrolet Suburban heading southbound on State Route 12 was driving too fast and the driver lost control of the vehicle, went into the northbound lane and struck another vehicle head-on.
Police say there were two kids in the vehicle with the driver of the northbound car that was struck. All four people involved in the crash were sent to the hospital, but police do not believe that anybody was seriously injured.
Kirkland police say that speed was the main cause of the crash, and the driver of the vehicle that lost control is expected to be ticketed.
The Kirkland Police Department, Clinton Fire Department, New York State Police and Central Oneida County Volunteer Ambulance Corps. all responded to the scene.
- 4 people hospitalized following head-on crash in Clinton
- 2 people hospitalized after Lee crash
- 2 people hospitalized following 1-car crash in Sangerfield
- 2 people hospitalized following 1-car crash in New Hartford
- UPDATE: 3 people injured in head-on crash in New Hartford
- 1 man hospitalized following crash in Marcy
- Clinton man injured in 1-car crash in Verona
- Algerian military plane crash kills 257 people
- People for and against downtown hospital speak at public meeting
- Clinton Among Hockeyville Final Four