NORWALK, Conn. (AP) - Pepperidge Farm is voluntarily recalling four varieties of Goldfish Crackers because of fears they could potentially have salmonella.
The company on Monday took the action after one of its ingredient suppliers notified it that whey powder used in a seasoning may be contaminated. The products were distributed in the United States and no illnesses have been reported.
The Goldfish recall covers Flavor Blasted Xtra Cheddar, Flavor Blasted Sour Cream & Onion, Goldfish Baked with Whole Grain Xtra Cheddar and Goldfish Mix Xtra Cheddar + Pretzel. The company has posted a chart with the product codes on its website.
The products can be returned to place of purchase for a refund.
Consumers can call customer service at 800-679-1791.
- 4 types of Goldfish Crackers recalled, salmonella fears
- Frozen tuna recalled amid salmonella outbreak
- Dole recalls baby spinach over salmonella concerns
- General Mills recalls some 5-pound bags of flour over salmonella fears
- Preventing salmonella: Nationwide recall prompts discussion on egg safety
- Kellogg recalls Honey Smacks because of salmonella potential
- Deadly salmonella outbreak forces USDA to recall raw turkey
- 87 more cases of salmonella linked to recalled beef
- 39 tons of Butterball ground turkey recalled after salmonella cases
- 5.1 million pounds of beef added to recall due to salmonella