ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) - Police say a 4-year-old girl suffered minor injuries when a stray bullet shattered glass in a parked car she was in.
The Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reported that the girl was taken to Rochester General Hospital after the shooting shortly after 11 a.m. Saturday.
Rochester Police Lt. Ron Malley told the newspaper a dispute on North Street apparently turned violent. The child was in a car on Saint Jacob Street.
Malley said two uninjured adults in the car were not intended gunfire targets.
No arrests were made and roads were temporarily closed in the area. Police asked anyone with information about the gunfire to contact the Rochester Police Department.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 4-year-old girl injured by glass after stray bullet hits car
- 4-year-old girl, young woman die in house fire, 3 injured
- Oneida Street resident finds bullet holes in car
- 4-year-old feeds the homeless
- Man seriously injured after being hit by car on 5-8-12
- Glass blowing class on the water
- Teen injured in Sangerfield two-car crash
- Four injured in Marcy two-car crash
- Deer crashes through glass door of the Rome DSS building