ONEONTA- A 45-year-old woman was killed in an accident on State Route 23 in the town of Oneonta on Saturday night.
New York State Police said, Katy Doughty, 45 of Walton N.Y., was crossing State Route 23 near State Highway 28 and was hit by a vehicle traveling east on Route 23. Police said Doughty was not crossing at a crosswalk at the time.
Police said witnesses attempted to do CPR on Doughty, and first responders also tried to save her. The Otsego County coroner pronounced her dead at the scene and she was taken to Lourdes Hospital in Binghamton for an autopsy.
The Otsego County Sheriff's Department, Pindars Corners Fire Department, New York State Police and the New York State Department of Transportation all responded.
The accident is under investigation, no one was ticketed.
- 45-year-old Walton woman dies in Oneonta crash
- Pickup truck, school bus crash in Oneonta
- NJ woman accused of assaulting another woman in Oneonta
- Truck crash, spill shuts down I-88 in Oneonta
- Oneonta woman facing felony charge for allegedly driving stolen car
- Oneonta man and woman charged following attempted scams
- It's Arbor Day in Oneonta
- Hundreds graduate from SUNY Oneonta
- Oneonta's vision for the future
- Oneonta house gutted by fire