ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - New York City, Buffalo and Rochester are all preparing proposals to win Amazon's second headquarters, a colossal economic development prize that is also generating interest among smaller upstate communities such as Albany and Syracuse.
Amazon says the $5 billion headquarters project will add up to 50,000 jobs.
New York City is touting its cosmopolitan culture and diversity, as well as its large workforce and many transportation options.
Buffalo and Rochester plan a joint bid that highlights the area's economic resurgence, quality of life and educated labor force.
Not to be left out, officials in Westchester County, Long Island, Syracuse and Albany have expressed interest in the project.
Competition for the project is fierce, with dozens of communities around the country expected to submit bids before Thursday's deadline.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NYC, Buffalo-Rochester bid for Amazon's second headquarters
- Amazon releases finalist cities for second headquarters
- Mohawk Valley courting Amazon to become new headquarters location
- West Point honors Buffalo Soldiers.
- After Texas shooting, Buffalo church plans training
- Corruption trial begins in Buffalo Billion case
- Weather severely hampers NYC air travel
- Islamic State cooperator sentenced in NYC
- Multiple crashes close snowy Thruway east of Buffalo
- Defense in Buffalo Billion case: Ex-school head acted fairly