NEW HARTFORD – A former Utica National Insurance employee is facing a felony grand larceny charge after she allegedly stole money from the company, according to the New Hartford Police Department.
On September 20, New Hartford police responded to Utica National Insurance for a larceny investigation involving a former employee. Police learned from representatives with the company that a club within the company was missing more than $2,000 from their funds.
A two-week investigation led to 34-year-old Jamie Barbados of Chittenango being developed as a suspect, and police arrested her October 3 and charged her with felony fourth-degree grand larceny.
Police say Barbados is accused fraudulently using the club-issued debit card for several unauthorized ATM withdrawals over the course of several months.
Barbados will appear in the Town of New Hartford Court later this month.
- Former Utica National Insurance employee accused of stealing from company
- GE employee charged with stealing company's trade secrets
- Former Herkimer Thruway toll employee accused of stealing from work
- NYCM Insurance employee raises $85,000 for Heart Association
- Utica man accused of attacking elderly man and stealing his car
- Utica woman accused of stealing from several stores in New Hartford
- Utica Zoo celebrates National Hedgehog Day
- Utica police seek man suspect of stealing from pharmacy
- Marking the way: Utica employees remember longtime city sign foreman