MILFORD – A Milford man is under arrest after police say he beat someone with a door during a domestic dispute.
The Otsego County Sheriff’s Office tells NewsChannel 2 that on Sunday they were called to a home in Milford to investigate a “physical domestic dispute.” Deputies allege that during the incident 37-year-old Derick J. Coveny struck a victim in the face with a wooden door, causing injury. Coveny is also accused of choking the alleged victim in front of the victim’s teenage son.
Coveny was arrested on charges of assault, criminal obstruction of breathing, and endangering the welfare of a child. He was arraigned in Hartwick Town Court and sent to the Otsego County jail on $2,000 cash bail. He is scheduled to reappear in court Tuesday evening.
- Milford man accused of beating victim with door during argument
- Water Shortage in Milford
- Conley Retrial: Closing Arguments
- Village of Milford: Mandatory conserve water order
- The new United Methodist Church in Milford
- Fort Plain man charged following crash into Milford home
- Rome man accused of raping female victim
- Propaganda at your door
- Replacement of Milford bridge complete in time for Thanksgiving travel
- Milford couple wakes up to car in kitchen