UTICA, N.Y. - Have you recovered from Boilermaker Sunday yet? It's time to take to the course again, this time in reverse! On Sunday, August 14 local runners will meet at the Boilermaker finish line on Court Street and run towards the Boilermaker start line on Culver Avenue.
There is no registration cost but the Mohawk Valley Hill Striders are asking for a donation in any amount be made to the Boilermaker Charity Bib Program. Registration is open to the first 200 people and will be held from 9:00 a.m. - Noon on Saturday, August 13 and from 7:00 a.m. - 7:30 a.m. On Sunday, August 14 - Race day. Registration is at the Boilermaker offices on Court Street. Checks can be made out directly to the Boilermaker.
There will be two distances. 9.3 Miles and 3.5 Miles which ends at Murnane Field. Both runs begin at 8:00 a.m.
Please note, all roads will be open. Runners are to obey all traffic lights, rules and intersections.
Anyone wishing to volunteer for this event, please reach out to Mohawk Valley Hill Striders ( via Facebook). We will be looking for folks to volunteer for water stations, crossing guards, bike patrol and road patrol.
More information coming up on NewsTalk August 11 on the Live at Five Newshour.
- Reverse Boilermaker: Second Sunday in August, time to run again!
- Boilermaker Committee Run - A hot one!
- Boilermaker Sunday kicks off with 5K on Burrstone Road
- Safety guidelines, precautions in place for Boilermaker Sunday
- PHOTO GALLERIES: Boilermaker 2017
- Interactive Boilermaker Section
- Boilermaker 2018 forecast
- NewsTalk: Post-Boilermaker Nutrition
- Running Hall of Famer Bill Rodgers: Boilermaker ‘an American classic’
- Running the Boilermaker? Get into the Utica Zoo for free