UTICA, NY - Well if you're coming down to attend this year’s Boilermaker, expect to run into a lot of road blocks.
As you drive down the side streets near the Boilermaker finish line you'll see plenty of construction. That construction has eliminated some parking along the north, south arterial.
Department of Transportation's Jim Picccola says shuttle buses have been set up to bring people from the east side of the arterial to the west side. “I think people should take advantage of the bus system they have over at triple A. There's buses there, where can come in and take the buses down in. There's parking all over. You just got to make sure you park in a safe area and walk down. A little bit of a walk isn't going to hurt anyone.”
Roads that will be closed around the brewery include Schuyler Street, Columbia Street, Court Street, Hamilton Street, Edward Street, and Sunset Ave.
Keep in mind too that Utica police will be ticketing people who park in the no parking zones, and your car may be towed as well.
Charles S. Kelly, Utica Police Lieutenant, says, “If they are obstructing the operation of the Boilermaker Road Race or obstructing any emergency services, then they will have to be towed out of the area.”
And while it may be frustrating running into signs like this all the time, do yourself a favor and find somewhere else to park.
Article on shuttle services offered, available here.
- Boilermaker directions and parking: The in's, the out's and shuttle services
- Boilermaker course logistics: bathrooms, water stations, maps and directions
- Boilermaker 101: Expo, parking, course maps & more
- PHOTO GALLERIES: Boilermaker 2017
- Interactive Boilermaker Section
- Boilermaker 2018 forecast
- NewsTalk: Post-Boilermaker Nutrition
- Boilermaker unveils new mobile app
- Boilermaker 15K registration closes out
- Boilermaker Hasn't Reached Cap YET