UTICA- Utica Police have arrested a 20 year old man from Clinton in connection to Saturday's robbery at the Adirondack Bank in South Utica.
Police say Alexander Reznicek was identified as the suspect and was located and arrested without incident just hours after the robbery took place around 12:30 Saturday afternoon.
Reznicek is charged with 3rd Degree Robbery.
Police say Reznicek had recently been staying with a friend who lived on Genesee St., not far from the Adirondack Bank, but they say after the robbery he went to his parent's home in Clinton where he resides with them. That's where police say Reznicek called police and turned himself in.
Reznicek was then arrested at his parent's home without incident.
Police also say they were bombarded with calls after our story appeared on our website, wktv.com, Saturday afternoon showing the surveillance photos from the bank.
Police say those callers all identified that man in the surveillance video photos as being Alexander Reznicek.
Police say Reznicek handed a teller a note demanding money and that violence would occur if any alarm was activated. Police say no weapons were involved.
Police say Reznicek left the bank with an unknown amount of cash.
Reznicek was arraigned Sunday morning at the central booking arraignment court out at the Oneida County Correctional Facility in Oriskany.
Bail was set at $15,000.
His next court appearance will be in Utica City Court for a felony exam. That court date has not yet been set, but could be as early as Monday morning.
Police do say in their release to the media that they would like to thank the public for their assistance in this investigation.
- Arrest made in Adirondack Bank robbery in Utica
- Clinton man sentenced to prison time for Adirondack Bank robbery
- Utica FC Home Opener at Adirondack Bank Center
- Bank robbery at Adirondack Bank in Sylvan Beach, state police investigating
- Convicted serial bank robber arrested in Oriskany Falls bank robbery
- Dunkin Donuts is official coffee of Adirondack Bank Center, Utica Comets
- Power still out, extensive water damage after Adirondack Bank fire in Utica
- Pro soccer team Utica City FC to play at the Adirondack Bank Center
- Adirondack Community Pride Day
- Clinton man accused of robbing Adirondack Bank appears in court