UTICA – A Remsen man is facing a felony robbery charge after he allegedly threatened a Walmart pharmacy employee to obtain Hydrocodone pills, according to the Utica Police Department.
Jonathan Demala, 27, was arrested Wednesday and charged with third-degree felony robbery.
Police say on Jan. 11, Demala allegedly went to the Walmart pharmacy in Utica and demanded Hydrocodone pills. Demala said that he had a weapon and that people would get hurt if his demands weren’t met, according to police.
Demala was then given an amount of Hydrocodone pills and he fled the store. Police say no injuries were reported in the incident.
Utica police are thanking the public for their help identifying Demala as a suspect.
On Tuesday the Utica Police Department posted surveillance footage of a suspect who allegedly stole medication from Walmart, and they are now thanking the public for helping them identify Demala as the suspect.
- Remsen man accused of robbing Walmart pharmacy for Hydrocodone
- Remsen man accused of stealing checks from employer and cashing them
- Remsen's Erin Hamlin qualifies for 4th Olympics
- Remsen community celebrates Hamlin's decorated career
- UPDATE: Missing Rochester area man found safe after Remsen search
- Clinton man accused of robbing Adirondack Bank appears in court
- Utica police seek man suspect of stealing from pharmacy
- Report: Prescription prices vary widely among pharmacies
- Rome police: Fentanyl found on Remsen woman during traffic stop
- Remsen Olympian Erin Hamlin featured in Cosmo article