NEW HARTFORD, NY – If you’re a fan of chicken wings and good causes, Saturday was your lucky day.
For $25 you could sample wings from 12 different area restaurants at the 2nd annual CNY Wing Wars.
People were then asked to vote for the best wing and the most unique wing. A panel of celebrity judges also voted.
Pizza and beverages were also available as well as a gift basket raffle.
The Wing War is a fundraiser for the Joseph Michael Chubbuck Foundation.
Chubbuck died from cancer at the age of 22.
Barbara Chubbuck, vice president of the Joseph Michael Chubbuck Foundation and Joseph’s mother, says it was her son’s wish that a foundation be set up to help others offset the everyday costs of fighting the disease.
“What they forget about is that life goes on at home. There’s still utility bills to pay. There’s still groceries to put on the table. There’s still child care to pay for, car insurance and car repairs. There’s still taxes to pay. All that is going on in the midst of trying to figure out how you’re going to get through the diagnosis of cancer.”
Chubbuck says since the foundation began, they’ve been able to financially assist hundreds who’ve had to battle cancer.
The people’s choice for best wings was O’Baby’s Gourmet Sandwich Shoppe, while the celebrity judges chose Pie Squared Eatery.
For the most unique wings, the people chose Pie Square Eatery, and the judges chose the Killabrew Saloon.
- 2nd annual CNY Wing Wars helps raise money for cancer victims
- White Party raises money for CNY Veteran's Outreach Center
- NEWSTALK: CNY Drones
- CNY Drone Challenge
- NewsTalk: 4th annual CNY Memorial Stair Climb on Saturday
- WATCH LIVE: 4th annual CNY Memorial Stair Climb in Utica
- 400 take part in 4th annual CNY Memorial StaIr Climb
- Mug Club: 43rd Annual CNY Farm Progress Show
- 43rd annual CNY Farm Progress Show kicks off in Mohawk
- 5th annual Summer Happy Hour raises money for Hospice