YORKVILLE- State Police are unsure how long it will take for fire investigators to comb through the scene of Thursday night’s fire in Yorkville. On Sunday, family and friends shared their condolences by leaving flowers, balloons, and teddy bears on the front lawn of the family’s home.
Neighbors three doors down tell WKTV they didn’t personally know Heather or Taylor, but they watched the tragic scene unfold Thursday night. On Sunday afternoon the family took a trip a few doors down, where they laid roses on the family’s front lawn.
“We dropped off flowers to show respect and to let our kids show their respects,” said David Miller, neighbor of the Mishlanie’s. “It might be something small but it was something we could all do together.”
The family of six who has never met the Mishlanie’s, told WKTV they were heartbroken when they found out what had happen to the mother and daughter. Initially, the family sat their children down and spoke about fire safety and then they knew they had to give their condolences.
“Well with us having children it definitely hits close to home with us,” said Miller. “It was mainly about going up there and having the kids show that we care.”
The oldest son of the family tells WKTV, he didn’t personally know Taylor but his friend at school did.
“My friend knew the little girl, they played soccer together,” said Tyler Corrigan, 10, of Yorkville.
Tonight, as the family watches on from just three doors down, they are keeping the affected family in their thoughts and prayers.
“There is nothing else to say other than we are sorry and that we feel for you,” said Miller. “I mean if there was anything extra we could do besides laying flowers down we would come through.”
On Sunday we asked State Police if they would be holding a press conference tomorrow with an update on the case. State Police tell WKTV they are unsure when any information will be released on the case.
As always WKTV will continue to follow this case and will pass along any new information as we learn more on the story.
- Yorkville Fire Memorial
- Yorkville murder: new information
- Yorkville fire victim on life support
- Funeral arrangements announced for Yorkville fire victims
- Mother, daughter suffer life threatening injuries in Yorkville house fire
- Counseling available for Whitesboro CSD community following fatal Yorkville fire
- State Police take over investigation into Yorkville fatal fire
- Yorkville woman dies from injuries sustained in house fire
- Train car fire in Yorkville currently under investigation
- Yorkville fatal fire is ruled accidental, but investigation continues