The father of the baby found lying in a Utica street Friday says he told Oneida County's Department of Social Services back in January that his children would end up hurt in their mother's care.
"I went to CPS and told them Ledrika's riding around with a restricted license at the time, she had a restricted license at the time, trying to run me over, no seatbelts, they needed to do something about it," said Robin Moore, on Tuesday. The two have had a volatile relationship. Moore was just charged on Monday with violating a stay away order of protection by yelling at the baby's mother, Ledrika Ford, on a Utica street.
The nine-month-old's mother, Ledrika Ford, says her car has unreliable doors that sometimes swing open when she turns. Ford said the child's aunt put him in the car the night he was found on the street, and that the car seat was secured in the car, but the child might not have been secured in the seat.
"I can't really say because I don't know, but I'm just not gonna say anything, but, it was just some type of negligence," said Moore.
Utica Police don't really know what happened, either.
"We don't actually know what occured. We're not sure that her incident is plausible," says Lt. Bryan Coromato, adding that Ford was charged with endangering the welfare of a child not based on her account of the events that lead up to her son being found in the street. "What we know as fact is that a nine-month-old baby wound up in the middle of the roadway at 7:30 at night and was being taken care of by stangers."
No word back from Oneida County DSS on whether or not they'd received and were investigating complaints about the child's mother, by the father.
- Father of baby found in roadway talks
- Tractor trailer rollover closes roadway
- 2-car crash in Westmoreland shuts down roadway
- Runaway railcars barrel across busy Otsego County Roadway
- Winter storm causing slippery conditions on local roadways
- Tractor trailer spills wood and oil on roadway
- UPDATE: Missing baby from Amber Alert found safe
- Police: Apparent skeletal remains of baby found on farm
- Police: Baby found after thieves steal car with child inside
- Father arrested in family's murder