HERKIMER – A Herkimer man is facing charges after he allegedly sexually abused a child and was found to have sexually explicit photos of her, according to the Herkimer Police Department.
Allen Abare, 43, is charged with felony first-degree sexual abuse and two counts of misdemeanor forcible touching.
Around 6 a.m. Thursday, Herkimer police executed a search warrant at 404 S. Washington St., Apt. 4 in Herkimer, following a three-week investigation into the sexual abuse of a 15-year-old female.
Police say in late March they were informed by New York State Police that an alleged incident involving Abare and at least one 15-year-old girl occurred in the village of Herkimer.
Police say Abare allegedly had inappropriate contact with the girl and also possessed sexually explicit photos of her. During the search police secured all of Abare’s electronics for further examination.
Abare was arraigned in the Village of Herkimer Court and sent to the Herkimer County Jail on $15,000 bail or $30,000 bond.
Police say additional charges against Abare are pending.
- Herkimer man accused of sexually abusing child also found with explicit photos
- Westmoreland man accused of sexually abusing child
- Utica man accused of sexually abusing child
- Rome teen accused of sexually abusing child
- Herkimer woman accused of having sexual contact with child
- Rome man accused of sexually abusing a child
- Oneida man accused of sexually abusing child in 2013
- Floyd man accused of sexually abusing a child
- Herkimer man on probation now accused of possessing child porn