ROME – A Rome woman is facing a felony robbery charge after she allegedly stole money from a Sunoco gas station early Friday morning, according to the Rome Police Department.
At approximately 2:26 a.m. Friday, Rome police were called to the Sunoco gas station at 1400 E. Dominick St. for a reported robbery.
Police say the night clerk told responding officers that a woman had entered the stored and asked the clerk to make change for her. When the clerk opened the cash register the woman then reached over the counter and grabbed money out of it.
Police say the clerk then grabbed ahold of the suspect and a short scuffle ensued, but the woman was able to flee store with the money, then shr jumped into a vehicle and fled the area.
Around 11:45 a.m. Friday, police say they found 29-year-old Brittany Vaughn at the Red Carpet Inn, located at 799 Lawrence St. in Rome, and charged her with felony third-degree robbery.
Vaughn was taken to the Rome Police Department, processed and held for arraignment in Rome City Court.
- Rome woman accused of robbing Sunoco gas station
- Rome Central Fire Station renovations
- Minivan crashes through gas station window
- Rome woman accused of stealing $12K from elderly man
- Rome woman accused of leaving dog inside vehicle during festival
- Rome train station closed for ceiling repairs following partial collapse
- Rome man accused of raping female child
- Rome man accused of raping child
- Rome man accused of raping female victim
- Rome teen accused of sexually abusing child