Photo Gallery 3 Images
Three local burgers have made it into the Top 10 for the New York Beef Council’s Best New York Burger Contest!
The “Bacon Infused Burger” at Uncle’s Tavern in New York Mills, the “Loose Caboose” burger at Crazy Otto’s Empire Diner in Herkimer, and the “Elvis Burger” at Madison Bistro in Wampsville have all made it into the Top 10. Voters submitted more than 400 nominations between April 2-13, and the burgers that received the most votes made it to the Top 10.
To qualify for the Best New York Burger Competition, burgers must be 100 percent beef patty, although other ingredients can be added, and they must be served on a bun or some kind of bread.
Voting is now open to choose the four finalists of the competition. From April 23-29 you can submit your online vote here, and the Final Four will then be judged by YELP’s Elite Squad.
After the judges’ scores and comments are reviewed, the winner of the Best New York Burger Contest will be announced on May 22.
The complete list of Top 10 burgers includes:
- Ale & Angus Pub, Syracuse, “Power Play Burger”
- Blarney Stone, Syracuse, “Blarney Burger”
- Crazy Otto’s Empire, Herkimer, “Loose Caboose”
- Dino’s House of Burgers, Oswego, “The Dino Burger”
- The Grill at the Dome, Tonawanda, “Stuffed Banana Pepper Burger”
- Madison Bistro, Wampsville. “Elvis Burger”
- Millbrook Café, Millbrook, “Walbridge Farm Burger”
- Terrapin Restaurant, Rhinebeck, “NY Hudson Valley Cattle Company Burger”
- Uncles Tavern, New York Mills, “Bacon Infused Burger”
- The Wine Bar at Mirbeau, Skaneateles “Mirbeau Burger”
- Burgers & Brews to benefit American Cancer Society
- Burger King denies food tampering claim by officer
- 3 Rome men charged in pellet gun shooting incident outside Burger King
- Top Democrat: 'Intramural politics must end' in NY Senate
- NY making millions available in push for geothermal systems
- NY Senate Democrats making another push on voting reforms
- Republican NY AG candidate makes campaign stops in Utica area
- NY Mills remembers 9-11