HERKIMER – A Herkimer man is facing charges after he was allegedly found with cocaine inside the Herkimer County Jail.
Devin Joyner, 22, is charged with first-degree promoting prison contraband and fourth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, according to the Herkimer County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies say while Joyner was being processed at the jail on unrelated charges, he was found with 1/8 of an ounce of cocaine concealed on his person.
Joyner was arraigned in the Village of Herkimer Court and he’s being held at the Herkimer County Jail on $7,500 cash bail or $15,000 bond.
- Herkimer man accused of possessing cocaine inside county jail
- Deputies: Man found to be in possession of cocaine in Oneida County Jail
- Herkimer man on probation now accused of possessing child porn
- Utica man accused of lewd act inside Herkimer convenience store
- Herkimer woman accused of bringing drugs into Oneida County Jail
- Herkimer man accused of rummaging through vehicles
- Herkimer Legislature moves forward on jail site
- Herkimer County Legislature subcommittees approve concrete-style jail
- Herkimer County Legislature accepting bids for jail construction
- Bids being reviewed for construction of new Herkimer County Jail